Monday, March 24, 2008

What is wrong with the old sins?

I am sure by now you have heard of the "new sins" proposed/suggested by a Vatican official when he was interviewed. You can read the interview here, if it has not crossed you yet.

Please do not talk to me about new sins.

I am already having trouble fulfilling these two...

Mk 12: 29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[f] 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[g]There is no commandment greater than these."

Once we are done with these, you can go ahead and talk to me about moving up to the next level of new sins. Until we go pass these, I am not interested in hearing of new ones.


What's the matter, these two don't cover new sins?

2 comments:

David Cochrane said...

Bro

It appears that those who minimize the law so it appears that is can be obeyed have to classify other things so that people have something to work on. Our papists do not have a corner on that. The Pharisee of old did that as well as fundamentalists and evangelicals today.

Psalm 119

95 The wicked lie in wait to destroy me,
but I consider your testimonies.
96I have seen a limit to all perfection,
but your commandment is exceedingly broad. ESV

I have been told I have a bible verse for every occasion. :P

God's peace. †

LPC said...

Bro.

I love the Bible passages. At least that is the legacy taught to us by evangelia.

I was of course being sarcastic. I have already problems trying to do the summary of Jesus and I am pedaling as fast as I can.

Those new sins so called can not escape what Jesus said, at the core we do not love God nor our neighbor but we love ourselves, no?


LPC